Animal Law - Equine Law - Animal Welfare
The Law Offices of Patricia Morris, PLLC is engaged in the practice of animal law, equine law and animal welfard. "Animal law" consists of the traditional areas of law, as they apply to animals such as sales and leases, animals, business formation, liability and risk management, and tax. Equine law is a specific area of animal law; in many areas of the law equine/livestock are subject to a different set of rules (such as inherent risks, animal cruelty etc). Animal welfare is any situation where an animal is being harmed and the law can provide legal protection. This includes animal cruelty prosecution and the lobbying for protective legislation in the state and federal governments.
We have included links to other websites that we hope will be useful to you. This website contains a wealth of information relating to N.H. animal law, N.H. legislation, local interest stories and animal rescue organizations. On our Contact Us page, you can sign up for email updates for recent changes in the law, status of state and federal legislation, and current events.
To contact us via email, click here. Or you may reach us by phone: 603-344-8878. For updates on recent case law and legislation, like us on Facebook! (The Law Offices of Patricia Morris, PLLC).
Legal Services Offered: Animal and equine law are subject to most laws, such as the sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code, torts (personal injury, property damage), business formation (doggie day care, horse stables, syndications), non profit law (shelters, rescues), leases and estate planning. Specifically...
Business Formation, such as Partnerships, LLCs, and Corporations.
Drafting and Filing of Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
Risk Management - indemnification, hold harmless agreements, and liability waivers.
Ownership Rights and Dispute Management.
Real Estate Sales, Zoning, and Easements.
Wills, Trusts and Estates.
Insurance Claims (dog bites, personal injury, etc).
Employment and Labor Law.
Animal Law Issues:
- Incorporating your animal related hobby into a business.
- Registries such as the AKC, USEF, AQHA, AMHA, USDF, FEI etc.
- Tax consequences of animal activities, hobbies, and businesses.
- Housing disputes involving "no pets" policies and discrimination laws.
- Custody battles and ownership disputes.
- Enforceable trusts and estate planning for the care of animals.
- Criminal law encompassing domestic violence and anit-cruelty laws.
- Drafting legislation to protect animal rights for all animals, including wildlife, domestic
pets and service animals.
- Zoning issues and compliance with local munipalities.
- Real estate contracts: creating conservation easements, purchase and sale contracts for commercial businesses and private farms.
- Business law: sales of goods, product liability, faulty construction.
- Purchase and Sale Agreements: unhealthy animals.
Please note: As a general rule, I do not handle veterinarian malpractice claims.
Give me a call or send an email to schedule a free consultation. For an assessment and risk evaluation, I will travel to your place of business to learn first hand about you and your business needs.
Address: P.O. Box 32, Ctr Barnstead, N.H. 03225
This website is not legal advice. The information contained in this website is not provided to you based upon an attorney-client relationship and it is not intended to be legal advice. The information on this site is not a substitute to seeking an opinion from an attorney. Merely emailing The Law Offices of Patricia Morris, PLLC will not constitute an attorney-client relationship, however please contact me to discuss your situation to determine if developing such a relationship would prove beneficial to you.